Art der Publikation: Beitrag in Sammelwerk
Adaptive User Profiles in Pervasive Advertising Environments (Best Paper Award)
- Alt, F.; Balz, M.; Kristes, S.; Sahami Shirazi, A.; Schmidt, A.; Mennenöh, J.; Schröder, H.; Goedicke, M.
- Tscheligi, M.; de Ruyter, B.; Markopoulus, P.; Wichert, R.; Mirlacher, T.; Meschtscherjakov, A.
- Titel des Sammelbands:
- Ambient - Proceedings of the 3rd European Conference on Ambient Intelligence (AmI '09)
- Springer Berlin / Heidelberg
- Salzburg, Austria
- Adaptive User Profiles in Pervasive Advertising Environments (Best Paper Award) (829 KB)
- Download RIS
Nowadays modern advertising environments try to provide more efficient ads by targeting costumers based on their interests. Various approaches exist today as to how information about the users’ interests can be gathered. Users can deliberately and explicitly provide this information or user’s shopping behaviors can be analyzed implicitly. We implemented an advertising platform to simulate an advertising environment and present adaptive profiles, which let users setup profiles, based on a selfassessment, and enhance those profiles with information about their real shopping behavior as well as about their activity intensity. Additionally we explain how pervasive technologies such as Bluetooth can be used to create a profile anonymously and unobtrusively.